.

.
Do you remember the road safety campaign from a number of years ago that involved Dave Prowse (Darth Vader) and a small robot. The aim of the campaign was to to teach kids about road safety. The years have now passed and the small robot was forgotten, left in the back of a shed, until now. After all these years the Green Cross Code Robot is going to be reborn, given a full electronics make over and brought back to life.A massive thanks to Dave Prowse for giving me the opportunity to rebuild this iconic piece of television history.

Saturday 31 May 2014

Some beauty shots


I wonder, did this droid ever have a name?




Good job I noticed, before the glue dried, that I had stuck the coloured rectangles on in the wrong order. Now they are correct, RED, YELLOW(AMBER) GREEN.




The rear panel is not made yet. I have no idea what the original looked like to I might make it see through and put the internal electronics on show.

No comments:

Post a Comment